The 2018 Columbus Chapter of CPCU held the golf outing on Friday, August 24 at New Albany Golf Links. 70 golfers teed it up in a 4 person scramble challenge, skins contest and extra competition for 4 skill events.
Our President Elect, Rick Walsh, lead the planning, organization and execution that resulted in a fun time for all and the raising of $1,500 for our event designated charity, The Community Shelter Board. Even the weather was perfect!
At the conclusion of lunch, we congratulated the winners with their winnings and raffled off several gifts for attendees. Rick and current Chapter President, Dale Halon also presented Cary Simonton, the Relationship Coordinator of the Community Shelter Board, with a check for $1,000. The Community Shelter Board describes themselves on their website as a ‘collective impact organization driving strategy, accountability, collaboration, and resources to achieve the best outcomes for people facing homelessness in Columbus and Franklin County. With the support of a compassionate community, their system of care served more than 12,000 people last year with homelessness prevention, shelter, street outreach, rapid re-housing, and permanent supportive housing.’
Our Chapter is in deep gratitude to our sponsors who helped make the day more fun but, through their kind financial support, made it a superior event. Thank you to:
- COPART with Chris Pinson
- Dixon Golf with Theresa Queen and Denise Vermillion
- MAPFRE Insurance with Peter Sluis
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car with Becca Mastin and Katie Arbeiter
- Hertz with Brock Setmire and team on the teebox!
- Axiom with Anthony Early, Jack Zuk, Jonathan Dingwell and team!
- The Motorists Insurance Group
- And a special thanks to the entire staff at the New Albany Links Golf Club!
Tournament winners were:
- First Place Team: Jason Zins, Tom Free, Mike Doll and Mike West
- Second Place Team: Chris Newline, Ryan Pircio, Rusty Muffine and Jeff Dueler
- Third Place Team: Ken Provost, Gina Fee, Ben Fox and Walt Johnson (Note: 2nd and 3rd place teams were tied with a scorecard playoff deciding the outcome.)
- Women's longest drive #10: Gina Fee
- Closest to the pin #3: Adam Ward
- Men's longest drive #10: Andy Phillips
- Longest putt #18: Adam Pillion
We look forward to hosting this even next year and hope all of you will come back, including our wonderful sponsors.